The tools are immaterial, the resulting piece is what's most important.

Monday, June 28, 2010

Companionship



It is rewarding to see an elderly couple together. Are they still lovers as well as companions and friends? I believe all three relationships differ to some degree. In a relationship, I believe you need to be everything to last for a lifetime.




There are different types of friendships and they do not always involve doing things together. Companions usually serve a purpose to one another. And a lover isn’t always a companion. With a companion, you have someone to do things with, to go places with.




We all need human connection, regardless of what role we play. But a companion is someone you are comfortable with and share a mutual admiration and interests. It is two people whom, I believe, have one of the best relationships you can ask for. And companionship can be between any two types of personalities or people.




I look around and I think a lot of elderly people are looking for companionship in their later years. The sexual attraction is usually not an issue. They want a companion to do things with. They want to fill that void of loneliness. I don’t think there is anything sadder than loneliness.




Two is always better than one. And as they say, “One is the loneliest number,” and I find that to be true.

For my shot of the week...





Treasure your friends and the people you love around you.

Share

No comments: